Pricing, like our work, is an art. We will treat your project as an individual, customized art project, designed especially to meet your needs. Typically, the price of the work is by the project, not by the hour. Small projects may start at around $300, and large ones can range anywhere between $1,000 – $10,000. Once we have agreed upon the project details and price, it will not change even if we spend more time than originally estimated. We want to ensure the best quality finishes possible. Your enjoyment is our goal.
There are certain factors that we consider in estimating the final price of a project. For murals, the cost will vary with the size of the mural, the type of surface on which it is painted, the level of detail, and complexity of the subject matter. For faux finishes, the cost will vary with the type of finish, the number of colors used, and the area size. Other factors that influence cost are the wall surface type and amount of preparation needed, environmental conditions and obstacles, and whether scaffolding is required.
We will make every effort to work within your budget and schedule to create a mural or faux finish that you will enjoy for years to come.
We pride ourselves on providing you with the individual attention you need to fully understand your vision, concepts, schedule and budget. To insure a cooperative effort, we follow a simple process:
1. Preliminary Consultation (no charge)
First, we will hold an initial meeting to:
- Review your requirements and ideas, and
- Visit the location for the mural or faux finishes.
- Review design concepts, themes and/or color schemes. Any reference materials (pictures, color samples, photographs) you provide are always appreciated!
- Review the size and complexity of the project. This may include taking measurements of the area and digital photographs.
- Discuss your budget and how the size and level of detail of work can impact the cost.
A preliminary, verbal cost & schedule estimate based on the initial project description will be provided at this point.
2. Follow-up consultation
After the initial meeting, we will meet again to:
- Review sketches (for murals) or sample boards (for faux finishes);
- Discuss our commitment to work with you to define the project within requirements, schedule and budget; and,
- Provide a written statement of the project description, including cost and schedule.
Up to this point, there is no obligation. Once a mutually agreed upon project definition is written, and you decide to proceed with the project, a 50% deposit will be required upon signing the contract. This will hold the start date of the project. The remaining 50% is due upon completion.
During the project, we will maintain close communication with you. Any questions or concerns will be addressed promptly, either on site, by phone or by email. We are committed to your complete satisfaction with the project.
Change happens. Sometimes even after a project has started. Our commitment to you is to deliver what you want, so we will work with you. For any changes that are outside the initial agreement, we will work with you to develop an addendum to our contract that will outline any cost or schedule changes.
Our Referral Program
Refer a friend and 10% of your friend’s order can be applied towards a future project of yours!
Free Touch-Up Service
We offer free touch-ups to any murals or faux finishes within 2 years after completion for minor dings, scratches or discoloration. Major damage to murals or faux finishes may be repaired under a new contract.